Thank you for your interest in an ELEMENTARY school teaching position here in the Diocese of Orange.
PLEASE NOTE: High School applicants must apply directly to the high schools.
The following guidelines are for all elementary school teaching positions (PS-8th grade, full-time, part-time and substitute teachers).
Before an applicant can be considered for a position, we require the following:
- A current resume with a cover letter specifically highlighting what kind of position you are looking for and what gifts you will bring to that position. If you are seeking a specific position at a school please reference that position.
- The completed application and which must include your responses to the highlighted questions on Page 3 of the application
- Sealed, official transcripts confirming the degree(s) you have been granted should be sent to our office. Please do not include/send transcripts marked as unofficial. They will not be included in your file. If you have opened, official transcripts, you may scan them and email them along with the application to expedite the approval process. If you are offered a contract you will have to provide the sealed official transcripts for your personnel file.
- Confirmation of the current status of your credential (If you don’t have a credential, please explain why in the cover letter)
- Forward the reference form to the individuals who will be completing them on your behalf. We require three references; two professional references from individuals who can give an assessment of your teaching abilities and one character reference (preferably from your pastor) to provide an assessment of your Catholic Identity. Each individual is to complete the form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org directly. References forwarded by applicants will not be included in their application file. References may, if they wish, include a reference letter with the completed form. We do not accept letters of reference in lieu of the completed form.
Once your application is complete it will be submitted for review and approval. If your application is approved it will be made available to ALL the elementary school principals to consider for their open positions.
If you have any questions or want an update on the status of your application file, please email email@example.com. In order to process applications as efficiently as possible, we ask that applicants not call our office.
Superintendent of Catholic Schools
The application forms are in an Adobe Acrobat file format (pdf file) and Microsoft Word. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Word to view and print the forms.
If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can get it free by going to their website. Click the Adobe Reader Icon.
TEACHER Application Guidelines
TEACHER Employment Application
TEACHER Employment Reference
ADMINISTRATIVE Application Guidelines
ADMINISTRATIVE Employment Application
ADMINISTRATIVE Reference Form
PRE-SCHOOL TEACHER Application Guidelines
PRE-SCHOOL TEACHER Employment Application
PRE-SCHOOL TEACHER Employment Reference
PRE-SCHOOL DIRECTOR APPLICATION COVER LTR
PRE-SCHOOL DIRECTOR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
PRE-SCHOOL DIRECTOR EMPLOYMENT REFERENCE